Saturday, March 26, 2016

Choosing Your Master 'Coach'

When you read prior blog posts of mine, you will learn that my coach is the famous Ron Williams.  I remember the first time Ron sent me a text and ended it with the words, "your coach".  A great sense of pride filled my heart and mind when I read those words.  I hadn't chosen him, he had chosen me.  He picked me from the weakest of weakest and told me that he could see something that I couldn't see.  He helped take me from the darkest place I have ever been in my life, and through his love, commitment and faith, I began to see myself as he sees me and I began to actually believe that perhaps with his help I could reach the goals he desired that I accomplish.

When I started attending his coaching sessions on a weekly basis, we talked not only about physical fitness, but also fitness of the mind and spirit.  I learned very quickly that his accomplishments were not only because of the time he spent shaping his physical body.  Several years before he won he had already trained his mind and spirit to work as if he was already Mr. Universe before he had actually won the title.  

Here is a little bit about Ron from the Iron Chest Master Website...

"Ron Williams is one of the most decorated Natural Bodybuilders in the world. By applying his knowledge of nutrition, fat loss, exercise physiology, muscle development, and body sculpting, Ron achieved the highest honor ever given in Natural Bodybuilding by becoming the sole recipient of the “Natural Bodybuilder of the Decade” award. Ron has won over 250 titles in the Natural bodybuilding arena, including being a multiple time winner of each of these top bodybuilding titles— Mr. Natural Universe, Natural Olympia, and Mr. Natural World. Ron was inducted into the International Natural Bodybuilding Association’s Hall of Fame in 2008.

To be exact, Ron has won Mr. Natural Universe 7 times, Natural Olympia 7 times and Mr. Natural World 7 times! 

Do you think he knows what he is talking about when he tells someone how to eat and exercise? Absolutely!  I shook my head in disbelief when a man that was taking his group exercise class with me told me how he wasn't going to be following certain parts of the plan and justified his explanation - which sounded pretty good - but still, he should trust The Master Coach and do what he says 100% in order to get the results that Ron has obtained.

Why would anyone doubt the advise Ron gives? How many people in this world have won 250 titles in Natural Body Building? For this reason he is the sole recipient of the Natural Bodybuilder of the Decade award.  

When Ron trains me, he expects me to trust him, to do as he says and to do so with everything I've got.  It gave me a tremendous amount of self-control when Ron said, I don't cheat - ever!  When a friend begged him to try "just a taste" of a dessert he had made, over and over and over, Ron repeatedly answered "not even a taste".  What a difference this made for me!  Ron sets the standard high and I love reaching to eat and exercise and to think like he does.  I fall short all the time but I am so thankful for the ability to reach so high and for the expectation he has for me that I do so as well.

I think often of Jesus Christ and what Ron has taught me about Him through his example. 

Jesus Christ is THE Master 'Coach' when it comes to overcoming spiritual and physical death and experiencing true joy. He is the ONLY person who has overcome all.  He rose from the dead, he went into the depths of hell and took us out of the clasp and chains lucifer had us wrapped in.  We were purchased with a price. Christ truly knows what each of us need to do to be whole, to experience peace and joy in our lives. Many people believe IN Christ, but how many people BELIEVE Him when he teaches us what to do and how we should live our lives?

Just like it is painful, uncomfortable and frustrating to work weak muscles, it is also very uncomfortable to build strong mental and spiritual strength. As we work to follow the commandments, little by little we become more like Christ. As I trust in Ron's counsel, and do what he tells me to do, little by little I become more like the champion that he is.

To whoever may be reading this, I would ask you to accept Christ's invitation to be your Father, to be your Spouse, to be your Teacher, your Friend, and the lover of your soul.  Whatever area of your life that falls short, God will be there to atone.  Whatever your burden, Christ can lift it and make it light.  Whatever your pains, Christ can turn them into peace.  Men are that they might have joy.  In the bible dictionary it talks about how joy is experienced only in and through Jesus Christ.

It is not always easy to follow Christ.  It isn't always easy to do what he asks of us.  It isn't always easy to understand why He tells us to do the things He wants us to do, but I can testify that I know Christ lives.  I know that He died for each of us, He atoned for everything we lack, and He is the ultimate coach, our Master Coach, who will help us to overcome all - just as He did.  He can make a beautiful temple from the ashes - whether the burn was from choices we made or from the choices of others. 

My prayer is to you and your family.  If you are the husband, leading your family, I pray that you do so with love and tenderness and with patience and that you teach your children by your example.  If you are the mother, I pray that you talk highly of others, that you are respectful to your husband and children and that you teach your children to know, believe and trust in God and His son Jesus Christ.  If you do not have a relationship with God the Father and Jesus Christ, I would encourage you to get on your knees and pray.  I would encourage you and your spouse, or significant other, to read the scriptures together.  He is there at the door waiting for you to knock.  Ask and you shall receive, knock and it shall be opened to you.


I know that because of Christ, we will see our loved ones again.  Until then, give God all of your anger, all of your fear, and all of pain. When my father died, it left an enormous hole in my heart.  With God's help, he atoned for all of my sadness, all of my worry and all of my fears.  I still miss my Dad, but my joy is found in knowing Christ lives.


He is risen! Because of this, I know someday my father will live as well.

Happy Easter!


With much love, 

Steffanie 


No comments: