Sunday, January 4, 2015

Snot, Skittles and Pop Tarts

Several years ago, I saw something that still makes me cringe every time I think about it...

I watched a mother, at church, feeding her snotty-nosed child skittles.  I had noticed the child's snotty nose and had wondered to myself what type of foods the child ate to make his immune system weak.  Then, the mother of that child pulled out a bag of skittles from her baby bag.  As she would feed the child the skittles one at a time, (putting them into his mouth) the snot would stick to the Mom's fingers as she put the skittle in the child's mouth and then pulled her hand away. She seemed like what she was listening to and keeping her child quiet was more important than his physical well-being. One string of snot was especially disturbing and I had to turn my head to not see what was happening.

Oh what an awful visual that was.  Sugar is fuel for sickness!!!

Not long after the above experience, I received an emergency call from a friend of mine in another state.  She was panicking when she told me about the pneumonia in the one lung of her son and how she was worried it would spread to the other lung.  She asked what essential oils I would recommend and then said she really wanted to avoid going to the ER because she didn't have insurance.

What did she feed her child?  (Please forgive me friend if you are reading this!)  She was feeding her son POP-TARTS! 

I asked her what he had eaten and she said "I just gave him a Pop-Tart."

I remember taking a deep breath...how on earth could I help this friend see the connection to what she was feeding her child to the sickness/behaviors he was manifesting?

There is a very fine line between what I can and cannot say based on the individual I am talking to. 

When I asked her rational at giving him the Pop-Tart, I was told...

"I just bought a huge case of POP-TARTS so _____ (her husband) can have those to eat instead of FAST FOOD." 

Oh my...

I would later tell a dear friend of mine from California the above story and she joked that she eats POP-TARTS during her road trips.  She makes me laugh (and cry). Atleast it isn't all the time, right?

After returning home from being in Mexico, my sister informed me that neighbors brought my kids over some POP-TARTS. Oh dear! Yes, apparently even my kids are not immune to them. :/  We then laughed at how the kids had said they were "too sweet".

When my kids do get sick I ask "what have they been eating" vs. thinking the virus or bacteria is the only problem.  There are robbers out there.  Keep your houses (cells) strong and secure.  When an occasional break in occurs (virus getting into your cell), call on the cops (anti-viral essential oils) to chase them out.  The key is living in a neighborhood that the bad guy sees as undesirable.  Load up on lots of good security (clean foods, herbs and essential oils) to keep our houses (bodies) safer.

Here is a magazine article, written by a dear friend of mine, that I would like to share...

"Silent, invisible and sometimes deadly viruses invade your body in a way that is often out of your control.  The modern medical approach to viruses is to promote protection from viruses (like the flu) with a vaccine or to treat viral symptoms with a variety of medications, which can ultimately suppress or undermine your immune system.

Once you understand what a virus is, what its goal is and how it mutates in the body, you will recognize that you have more options to effectively eliminate viruses from your body.

VIRAL ATTACK

Viruses are not able to reproduce on their own.  Viruses flourish in your body by hijacking the metabolism and machinery of a cell to produce a copy of itself.  Once a virus has gained access to your cell, depending on the type of cell, one of two things happen:

-       Either the virus uses your cell’s resources to replicate itself many times over before it breaks the cell open (lysed) so that the new virus can infect new undamaged cells; this process damages and kills healthy cells.
-       Or the virus incorporates itself into your DNA at the cellular level, which allows the mutation to pass to daughter cells that are reproduced by the cell.  The daughter cell will pass on this mutation to its daughter cells.  Once multiple copies have been produced, the cell is lysed.

PREYING ON WEAK CELLS

Viruses are hard to kill because they are not exactly alive.  They exist and reproduce inside a host cell.  A virus that causes the common cold or the flu is not necessarily very dangerous; it will target weak cells that are already damaged due to waste products and toxins.  When our bodies are in a constant state of toxic assault and stress from the environment, the immune system and cells become weak, creating a prime opportunity for viral attack. (Emphasis added)

Some viruses can ultimately lead to chronic degenerative disease states within the body…

FIGHTING BACK

While you may have the impression that you cannot rid your body of a virus, studies are showing the opposite is true.  Studies at the Technical University of Munich reported that applications of Melissa essential oil caused a complete remission of herpes.  A single drop was applied directly on the area a few times a day to speed healing, and following this protocol prevented further outbreaks in a significant portion of study participants. 

Some studies have shown that essential oils have the ability to attack viruses inside the host cell and even stimulate the immune system.  You can use oils on a daily basis to not only protect and prevent illness from viruses but also to help correct cellular function that has been corrupted by viruses. 

Oils that have been studied for their viral control properties include basil, cassia, cinnamon, eucalyptus, frankincense, lemon, lemongrass, marjoram, melaleuca, myrrh, oregano and thyme.”  - Ashley Stone   (for more information go to www.stoneoils.com)  

When I was presenting on "Tocopherols and Tocotrienols and their Derivatives" at a Neutraceutical Conference a couple of years ago, a CEO of a large Neutraceutical Company commented that if you want to see a tumor grow really quickly, "feed it sugar".  We all nodded in agreement.  He then compared it to putting "gas on a fire".   Exactly.

Here's to health!

- Steffanie

No comments: