Monday, March 7, 2011

Taking The Fear Out of....Everything!

I'm just about to head out the door to take the kids to the library.  About 5 minutes ago I jumped on Facebook to respond to a message I'd received earlier.  When I looked at the recent posts, one of my dear friends had posted something about wishing there was more fluoride in Utah's water.  She was off to the dentist, hadn't had a cavity in 31 years but thought her children (being raised in Utah) were going to have tons of cavities.  She posted that she wished there was more fluoride in the water.

I wish I could show her the book "How to Cure Tooth Decay" by Rami Nigel and "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" by Dr. Weston A. Price.  The books show how the introduction of processed foods causes cavities. (Both are listed on my book favorite list on my amazon link under the recommendation page)

I quickly posted a comment about sharing my two cents and left her with an article from Dr. Mercola that talks about Fluoride being a neurotoxin. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/02/11/fluoride-is-a-poison--says-top-researcher-on-australian-tv.aspx?SetFocus=commentfocus&ShowAllComments=true#commentfocus

Wow!  So this same friend (who is extremely beautiful and healthy by the way) and I have differing opinions on vaccinations, on how we prepare meals for our families, we view treats differently and we obviously have differing opinions on the fluoridation of water.

So???

It took me 12 years to reverse my fears of....

Not fluoridating water...
Not pasteurizing and homogenizing milk...
Not giving my children vaccinations...
Eating organ meats...
Fermenting vegetables instead of canning them...
Fermenting drinks instead of pasteurizing them...

My son just asked me when we are going to the library and so I need to end this post, so I'll end quickly...

What are the things that you are motivated to believe or follow, based on FEAR? 

I've thought of making my theme for Celiac Shack... "Taking the Fear Out of.... well, Everything!"

I don't judge anyone for believing differently than I do.  It took reading 2 books and going to several lectures on raw milk before I was able to shed the fears that marketing had put in front of my eyes thinking it was unsafe.  It is safe as long as the cows are pasture fed, and the milk is extracted in a clean environment.

See the book "Milk, The Untold Story".

Off to the library we go... remember....no FEAR!

Lots of love,

Steffanie

1 comment:

qlake72 said...

I wonder if people know that flouride was used as rat poison not so long ago???