Thursday, February 3, 2011

47 Countries Worldwide - Recipe Request

I'm always looking for great recipes that uses naturally gluten free foods.  If you are reading this, (no matter what country you are from), I would LOVE to have a copy of your favorite recipes that you enjoy making for yourself or for your family or friends.  By sending the recipe to me, make sure to give credit where you found the recipe if it is taken from a published book.

By sending me the recipe, this will show that you have given me permission to post your comment.  If you'd like to, please include your first name and last name initial and where you are from when you post your recipe comment.

I have a post on this site called "Naturally Gluten Free Foods" that you can use to see if your recipe meets the 'Celiac Shack Standard' :)  The "Forbidden List" is overwhelming to read.  Better to go with what you "CAN" use in the recipe vs. what you "CAN'T".

I look forward to hearing from you, and am excited to see what types of foods we can come up with in our wonderful worldwide recipe book here online at the Celiac Shack.

To send the recipe to me, please make a comment on this blog and I will cut and paste the information and put it on a separate blog page.  Please know that even comments written in other languages that are made on this blog are translated and so I can read it in English and other readers can read the post in their language.

Brianna misses my recipe pages, so the sooner you send the recipes, the happier my dear friend will be!

Love you Brianna!

-Steffanie

3 comments:

Breezy said...

:) very exciting

Breezy said...

yipeeee! :)

Michelle Perry said...

One of our favorite recipes that I didn't have to change when I was diagnosed.

Taco Salad:

Put in salad bowl:
1 Head of Lettuce
2 or 3 tomatoes diced
1 small onion diced
1-2 cups of sliced olives
1-2 cups shredded cheese
1 can of dark red kidney beans
(or 2 if you love beans)

Topping: Reserve the liquid from the canned beans. Add to it generous amounts of paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and mix well. Serve with GF tortilla chips or corns chips on the side or crushed on top.