Friday, January 7, 2011

My Heart is Heavy

One of the most tragic experiences I believe an individual ever has to face in this life is one where a partner (a spouse) is unfaithful.  Whether that is in thought (beginning stages) or action, the betrayal of  'love' will eventually penetrate deeply like a spear into the unsuspecting victims heart. 

A dear friend of mine is looking at the possibility of divorce.  All of the work trying to find the right person to marry, all of the time creating and nurturing children that share similar traits and physical attributes of each parent, the stories that were shared, all of the holidays and memories... divorce feels like death... a separation that continues to sting as the memories of "what could have been" or of "what was" continues to haunt the present moment.

What can I  say on this gloomy day of discovery other than... I believe in the power of prayer and in the resilience of the human spirit.

I remember a woman in Chile whose spouse was an alcoholic.  I remember how many missionaries had passed through their town, through their living room and had shared the same message.  Little by little the man had begun to embrace a new way of thinking.  Little by little the addiction to alcohol became a little less severe.  Little by little he was able to let go of the addiction and embrace the Gospel.

I'll never forget looking at Eduardo after his baptism.  I'd seen many other baptisms during my time as a missionary, but I had never seen the change from black and white like I had with this dear man.  His wife had suffered through so many years of abuse.  Tears come to my eyes as I remember how happy she looked days later when we visited her.  She had told us how proud she was of her husband and of how happy they now were.  He no longer beat her.

The thoughts of this kind man once beating his wife made me shutter to think of.  His wife was a tiny petite woman and he was a short man, but strong.  He had thick strong hands and a solid build.  I closed my eyes to shut out thoughts of what it would have been like to have him drunken and angry enough to change his nature that was naturally kind and loving into a carnal beast that acted on impulse to the point of beating someone he loved dearly.

As I am typing this my mind drifts back to the message I received  earlier today...."It has happened AGAIN"...I found out about "ANOTHER AFFAIR".  My friends husband is a "Sex Addict" (according to the counselor that he is currently working with).  It is a SHOCK.  We are talking about someone who use to be a really GOOD Man, loving husband and kind father.  I am left nearly lifeless at the news.  My mind and heart are greatly aching for my dear friend and her family. 

Oh dear Father in Heaven.  There are so many people that are struggling with addictions and mental illnesses... 

There IS a link to gluten intolerance and mental illness, addictions and yes even alcoholism. 

Here are some quotes that I'd like you to read - to give you strength if you or someone you love may be facing an addiction or struggling with a mental, emotional or spiritual sickness...

"Between you and every goal that you wish to achieve, there is a series of obstacles, and the bigger the goal, the bigger the obstacles. Your decision to be, have and do something out of the ordinary entails facing difficulties and challenges that are out of the ordinary as well. Sometimes your greatest asset is simply your ability to stay with it longer than anyone else." ~ Brian Tracy

"When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, 'Try it one more time.' "
~ Unknown

"Wars are not won by evacuations."
~ Winston Churchill

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."
~ Moliere

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
~ Henry Ford

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."
~ John Wooden

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."
~ Unknown

"He who refuses to embrace a unique opportunity loses the prize as surely as if he had failed."
~ William James

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. "
~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow,
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit."
~ Unknown

I WANT YOU TO BELIEVE THAT FOODS, HERBS AND ESSENTIAL OILS CAN AND WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR HEALTH.

I KNOW that God will lead you to answers that you are seeking.

As Cherie Burton always says "MAKE YOUR MESS YOUR MESSAGE".

Choose to save your marriage.  Choose to save your family.

Herbs, oils and pure natural RAW foods will be the most powerful tools you could use to overcome the adversary - knowing which ones to use, that would be another powerful tool...prayer.

Look to your 'higher power' for guidance and for the wisdom to recognize the truths or tools you need to help your loved one heal.  We all have different stories, and only your higher power can give you the answers "YOU" need.

My husband read the bible to us this morning.  We were reading the parable of the seeds in  Matthew Chapter 13.

Compare: Matthew 13:1-23; Luke 8:4-15

1. Some fall off to the side and are taken away by birds.
2. Some fall onto stony ground, grow quickly, but then die just as quickly when things turn bad.
3. Some fall among thorns and grow a bit, but then are choked off by the vines.
4. Some fall onto fertile ground and deliver a massive return to the sower of the seeds.
 
These four fates roughly correspond to four different fates that await Jesus’ message:
1. Some hear, but Satan will take away what they learn, leaving them as they were.
2. Some hear, but the message cannot take firm root due to lack of depth and so the message does not endure.
3. Some hear, but they have many other distractions that overwhelm the message, choking it off.
4. Some hear and the message takes root with them, resulting in a positive return for themselves and others.
 
Shane (my husband) and I attended a "Cleanse and Be Fit" conference last night.  After reading the scriptures this morning (the above chapter) and then reflecting on all we know as it relates to physical health, Shane said that we could apply the above examples to those that hear "truth" as it relates to health and wellness.

When I was struggling to find answers to my health (going from Dr. to Dr.) for two years, I had TWO separate individuals tell me that my symptoms resembled that of a "Wheat Allergy".  At the time I thought the idea was ridiculous.  Little did I know then what I know now.  The soil (my heart) had to be ready to receive the seed "truth" in order for the seed to grow. 

Perhaps what God is telling you makes no sense whatsoever.  I pray, that your prayer, will be that your eyes, mind and heart will be opened so that you can recognize God's help when it comes and that you won't toss the seed "truth" aside, but that you will plant it in your heart "the soil" and that you will nourish it, put it in good ground "surround yourself with positive people" and continue to learn truths that will help this seed "swell in your chest" and you will know that it is "good".

Food?  Herbs?  Essential Oils?

YES!  They CAN and WILL heal you!  These are Mother Natures gifts to "Man".  She is the greatest healer of all.

I'll end with a story...

It’s a joke about the man who has been notified that his house is going to be flooded and he needs to get out of the house.

The man says no I don’t have to, God is going to take care of me.

Then the flood starts to rise and a sheriff comes along and tells him to get out.

The man says no, God is going to save me. So, the floods continue to rise, and he climbs on top of the house.

A boat comes along and he’s told to climb into the boat. He says, no, no , God is going to save me.

Finally, a helicopter comes along and they lower the net to rescue him. The man says, no, no, God is going to save me!

Well, the man drowns and goes to heaven. When he gets to heaven he says to God, "why didn’t you save me?"

God says, "I sent the sheriff, I sent a boat, I sent a helicopter, what more did you want me to do?"

There is a point at which we have to take responsibility for our faith. When God sends a helicopter, you have to climb in. So, action is a part of faith and prayer as well.

For years and years I waited for a Doctor to TELL me what I had.  It wasn't until I began to truly listen to God that I was able to find the answers I needed.

I pray you never have to leave your loved one behind if they refuse to get on the boat, the helicopter or listen to the sheriff.  If that individual chooses to die "and let God save him or her".  What more can you do?  You will need to take your little ones and leave.

My prayer is that the entire family will be saved.

If you are already eating as healthy as you know how to do, learn about herbs and their "whole herb" healing powers.  If you've already used herbs, seek out the healing power of essential oils.

If you are searching for your 'Higher Power' I pray that you will find it.

If your health is related to a lack of water, your system is too acidic, or your environment is toxic, or your thoughts are creating your reality - whatever the problem may be, I hope you will one day make your "MESS your MESSAGE".

My thoughts are with you my dear friend.  The example of the flood was not meant for you to hear.  I know that you have listened to the Sheriff, you have obeyed your husband and have taken your tiny children to the roof as the flood waters have risen. You eat heathy, you pray together, you go to church together, you read the scriptures, you are doing everything that you know how to do to keep your family well.  I know that you are facing a tough decision right now.  The helicopter is there to take you to safety.  You have your little children sitting on the side of the helicopter, you have one leg resting inside the aircraft and your other leg and foot are planted on the house. Your hand is extended out to your dear soul mate.  Your heart aches as you wait for him to make the decision.  I pray that when you fly away to safety that you will not be alone with your children.  If you are, please know that you have done everything you could do.  Be at peace - God will provide!

I love you my dear friend.  May God comfort you in this time of great need.  May your deceased father be there to surround you with his love and give you comfort and wisdom beyond what you yourself can do alone.

I'm sending my thoughts and prayers your way with all the love in my heart I can possibly give.

Your friend,

Steffanie

No comments: