Monday, January 17, 2011

Nutrition CAN ReGROW your BRAIN!

There is an article that was written about the impulsivity and risk for addiction associated with damage to the frontal lobes of the brain.  You can read the scientific article, about this subject, by going to http://www.unc.edu/~cab/index_files/CrewsBoettigerPBB09.pdf.

The topic that I will discuss in this blog post fascinates me.  I am intrigued that the incredible human brain has the ability to regenerate itself if given the proper ingredients - namely through nutrition.

Studies have shown that rats that have had their frontal lobes removed can regenerate their brains when given a nutritional supplement that a company True Hope offers.
My dear friends husband, mentioned in a previous post entitled "My Heart is Heavy", is struggling with overcoming a sexual addiction.  Last week, as friends and family, we all decided to join together to pray and fast for this family. 

During my time fasting, I spent several hours in front of my computer doing research.  I read about addictions damaging the frontal lobe of the brain (like the above mentioned article also discusses - as it relates to alcoholism). 

My expertise is in nutrition and the power it has to heal the mind as well as the body.  I'm familiar with the effects a lack of amino acids have on the bodies cravings, and so it was interesting to learn how merely 'seeing' images and 'thinking thoughts' can effect the brain (literally eating away at it) that would make an individual more susceptible to becoming addicted and making it more difficult to recover from an addiction.

Note:  I have read articles where thoughts can create an 'acidic environment' in our bodies, changing our PH, thus changing our bodies ability to absorb nutrients and vitamins properly.  Food for thought...

Due to my intense focus on helping my friend (whose husband struggling with the addiction is also a very dear friend of mine), I searched through my DVD's and fortunately found what I was looking for. The DVD that Dr. Bernell Christensen had given me nearly 4 years ago. The DVD was entitled "TRUE HOPE CNE Cell & Nerve Essentials".  I put the DVD in my computer and began listening.

Wow! The DVD talked about all the research and studies that have proved nutrition can actually regrow a brain that has been damaged by addictions, trauma or even been damaged since birth.  I listened as they told about portions of rats brains being removed, supplements were given and the brain regrew itself.  I watched in dismay as a girl born blind and with various deformities began to heal with proper nourishment.  The parents of this girl said "It's amazing what the body is capable of when it is given the proper tools".  The girl now had peripheral vision. Wow!  Nutrition healing the body...what a true statement!

Dr. Christopher (from the School of Natural Medicine) has stated that he believes "There are no incurable diseases, only incurable people". 

Several nights ago I had the chance of giving a class to some Senior Citizens about using foods, herbs and essential oils for health and wellness.  At the end of the class I had the opportunity of talking with a woman that had suffered with depression all of her life.  Because of a bad experience with an herbalist when she was very young, she was completely against natural remedies until that very night she cried and told me that for the first time in her life she believed what I had been saying - that natural remedies could help her!  It made her sad in one way, but happy in another way.  She was sad that she was in a situation where she had no choice in what she was fed (due to living in the retirement community where meals were provided for her),  she spent $100 on a single pill that was keeping the food moving through her intestines.  It was really sad to hear about her health struggles. She was happy because she felt a new found hope - perhaps her lifelong struggle with depression could be cured. 

If you or a loved one suffers from depression, a physical or emotional illness, or have had a head injury that has affected your ability to think, move or communicate, I highly recommend you look into the True Hope supplement.  I am not affiliated with, nor do I receive any monetary reward for referring you to the company.  I do so because I personally have heard Dr. Bernelle Christensen echo exactly what I saw on the DVD and what I read about on the Internet and saw on YouTube. 

It almost seems to good to be true, but I believe in Miracles!

If you want to learn more, you can go directly to True Hopes website at http://www.truehope.com/.  Please see my previous posts about true hope healing depression.

Lots of love to you!

-Steffanie

1 comment:

Buy PGX said...

Lack of nutrition affects not only our body but also our mind. We should always be sufficient with vitamins that can regrow our brain.