Sunday, November 14, 2010

Morning Green Drink Ideas

I've love one of these drinks to start my day.

Chlorophyll / Wheat Grass Juice / Lemon-Lime Drink
8 ounces of water
1 tbsp of chlorophyll
2 frozen wheat juice cubes (from Evergreen)
Freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
Agave or Maple Syrup to taste

Ultimate Green / Lemon-Lime Drink
1 scoop of Nature's Sunshine Ultimate Greens
8 ounces of water
Juice from 1 or 2 freshly squeezed lemons or limes

Apple Juice / Kale/ Celery/ Dandelion Drink
Juice 2 or 3 apples
Juice together the following greens...
Kale
Celery
Spinach
Dandelion Leaves

Variations:  Add a couple of carrots, more apples, lemons or limes or ginger root to taste.

My youngest children can drink the green drink with juice from only 2 apples.  My oldest daughter prefers about 4 apples juiced.  My oldest son loves the carrot juice with the greens instead of using apples.

I personally like the apple/carrot mix with the greens and a little ginger, but I know too many carrots and apples and it will be too sweet for my taste.

The dandelion drink is what I drink on the days when I'm recovering from getting gluten or I feel like I need a little bit of support emotionally to handle the stresses of the times.

Happy Juicing,

-Steffanie

No comments: