Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Can I add Vegetables to This?


Here is a picture of our lunch one day.  The plates are for the kids, the bowl is for me.  After preparing the plates and then asking the kids to sit down at the table, my oldest son says to me (and I quote him exactly) "Mom, can I add some vegetables to this?"  I answered him sarcastically informing him that the plate was full of vegetables.  He then said "No! Vegetables like Cauliflower and Cucumbers!"  Oh my, I forgot to add veggies.  My bad!  Happily he chopped up his "vegetables" and then we all devoured the yummy, mouth watering salads. 

The salad dressings are delicious.  Raw Melissa brand salad dressing is made from vegenaise, dill weed, paprika, and garlic salt.  I have yet to make the dressing as yummy as she makes it.  Tonight I attempted making it, but in the end I diluted my dip mix (that was being used as a dip for a veggie tray) with the Raw Melissa dressing.  I'm not sure how she does it, but the dressing tastes incredible. 

My oldest son attends scouts once a week.  Each time I pick him up he tells me about the pizza, or the cake, or the cookies that he didn't eat.  He tells me that he just quietly avoids going to the table to get anything.  He doesn't explain why he chooses NOT to eat that food.  He just quietly doesn't eat it.  Today we were asked to bring the treat.  My son decided to make a veggie tray.  So, he cut up carrots, cucumbers and cauliflower and then put them all nicely on a white platter and then he chose to put the veggie dip on the tray as well.  Honestly, I was worried none of the other little boy scouts would want to eat it.  Surprisingly, when I picked up my son from scouts, there was a very happy boy that ran out to the car to greet me.  The plate was empty and the scout leader followed him to the car and asked for the dip recipe.  They said everyone LOVED it. 

Yeah!!!  I'm so happy when people are grateful for wonderful, healthy food that surprisingly tastes delicious.

Lots of love,

Steffanie

No comments: