Friday, April 30, 2010

Veggie Wraps

I've finally perfected my rice paper veggie wraps.  There are so many ingredients that can be used inside the wraps, but I've found that I LOVE the following combination...

Organic Spinache (I buy at Costco)
Organic Carrots - Shredded
Cucumber Slices
Mint (Peppermint)

I wrap the above in the rice paper. (Soak the rice paper in water until soft and then roll the ingredients in the rice paper like you would an egg roll).

There are many recipes for dips, but I love the following...

SAN-J (Brand) Gluten Free THAI PEANUT - Mildly Spicy Marinade and Dipping

So Yummy! 



This picture doesn't show it, but I made 23 of the wraps in the morning and before noon I only had 6 left and so before I let anyone eat any more, I snapped a picture with my phone.  My youngest daughter (3) and son (5) were the ones who ate the most.  The sauce is a little spicey and so for them I diluted it a little bit with Bragg's Liquid Aminos (gluten free soy sauce).

YUMMY! YUMMY! YUMMY!

My husband pays nearly $8 for three of the wraps when he buys them at Health Food Stores for lunch.  I loved sending him this day with several wraps that cost me very little to make.

1 comment:

Gates Family said...

I don't usually comment, but... that sounds so yummy. I think I want to try it. Thanks!!